Come study Spanish or French through age-appropriate stories/literature, poems, songs, and art. We will also study related topics to the literature of the week including history, geography, and science. Adela, fluent in Spanish, would love to share her love for the language with students while exploring topics that will arise from the literature.
For Spanish some of the literature will be:
1. Family Pictures by Carmen Lomas Garza (an illustrated book for ages 6-12)
2. The House on Mango Street by the same author. (ages 12 and up) a coming of age story.
3. Stories from the Jungle by Horacio Quiroga (for preteens and up) This one may be a little too advanced but I like how descriptive it is of the animals in the jungle. It can play into the Science/nature of the course.
4. The Alchemist by Paolo Cuelho ( this book is Portuguese but it is part of the Latin American canon of literature, it also has many references to science, geography and history.)
For French, some of this literature will be:
1. The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupery (all ages)
2. Fables by Jean de La Fontaine. (all ages) these are typically very short.
3. Poems by Victor Hugo (and others, including French Haikus if possible, describing nature and emotions)
Teacher: Adela Ruiz
To register, click here