Learn Beyond the Book Academy was registered Fall of 2018 after several requests of many of our homeschool and hybrid school friends. It is our PSP (Private Satellite Program) or Private School option. This is only available to those who do not belong to a homeschool charter school.
Our services include the following:
- Record Keeping
- Enrollment in a registered California private school
- High School graduation with Diploma
- Curriculum Counseling
- An impressive list of homeschool classes from Learn Beyond The Book available as a resource to families
- Fieldtrips & social events
- High School
- We provide assistance through all phases of high school including the college admittance process.
- We issue Entertainment Permits and Work Permits.
- We create transcripts that are accepted at college and university locations.
- We have an awesome and personal graduation ceremony.
- We issue high school diplomas.
Reporting requirements (TK-8th grades)
Parents need to hand in a monthly attendance record at Learn Beyond The Book’s front desk (it could just be a calendar or copy of a calendar) and hand in one sample per semester (could be a screenshot of online course or other non-traditional samples) of Math, Science, Social Studies, and English, plus any samples from other subjects that parents wish to keep in their student’s portfolio. An outline of lesson plans/vision for the year is optional to be submitted at the start of each school year (it does not have to be detailed). It can also be done by semester. At the end of each semester, a report card will be issued, based on the status of things according to parents and also from Learn Beyond The Book class teachers.
Graduation & Reporting Requirements (9-12th grades)
Our graduation requirements are the same as what is listed on the Department of Education website for a high school diploma, as well as recommended courses if students are applying to CSU or UC universities as freshman. All the graduation requirements can be found at this link.
For high school, we will need transcripts if you would like courses from before or from community colleges or other outside entities to be added to the student’s transcript.
Parents need to hand in a monthly attendance record at Learn Beyond The Book’s front desk and hand in one sample per year (could be a screenshot of online course or other non-traditional samples) of each subject that is going on their transcript for that year. At the end of each semester, a report card will be issued and final grades added to the transcript at the end of the year.
If you’re looking for an individualized diploma for your high school student, you’ve come to the right place! We can’t wait to meet you and your student, if we don’t already know you!
Current Fee Schedule
- Family Tuition (based on an academic year) $350.00/yr
- For currently enrolled families in our Learn Beyond The Book classes – only $50.00/yr