Want to build something that soars beautifully through the air? Ever wondered if you could build your own drone? This class will be a principally hands-on experience, where students will learn how to build an RC aircraft – be it a quad-copter drone, an airplane, or something of their own design! Students will learn a mix of concepts, as well as develop practical skill.
Some key skills/concepts students will leave with:
– Electronics, Soldering, Wiring Techniques, Basic Programming in C.
– Aerodynamics, Lift/Drag/Thrust/Weight, Propeller Thrust Calculation.
– Designing systems for passive safety, & active safety, and developing safety procedures.
– Test Development & Execution, the Scientific Method in Engineering.
– Metalworking, Plastic-working, Wood-working, & competence in using power tools
– CAD (Computer Aided Design) via Autodesk Inventor
Teacher: Jonny Hyman
Cost: Please see pricing chart
To register, click here